Research projects are possible in the lower grades with these leveled animal passages that are just right for young readers! Give students loads of comprehension practice with differentiated reading passages and informational writing practice with flipbook reports.
This bundle gives you a on all 5 of my Animal Habitat Research Packs, an Any Animal Report Pack, and a mini Kangaroo Report!
• Use as a student center. Laminate the passages and let students use dry erase markers to mark them up and then fill out a flip book.
• Use as a guided reading lesson. Choose the appropriate level for each group. Read and fill out a flip book report together.
• Send home has a fun and exciting homework project.
• Use as independent seat work or a group project.
• "Jigsaw" Group Activity by giving each group of students an animal to become an expert on, and then mixing the groups up and having each member teach their group about their animal.
• Choose the appropriate level for your students.
• Print a passage and flip book for each student
• Let students assemble their flip books (easy cut and staple)
Animal Reading Passages
Passages for 60 different animals (15 for each habitat). Each animal passage has 3 different levels, for 180 reading passages altogether!
• Level A: L250
• Level B: L350
• Level C: L450
• Polar Bear
• Arctic Fox
• Beluga Whale
• Snowy Owl
• Harp Seal
• Emperor Penguin
• Arctic Hare
• Arctic Wolf
• Dall Sheep
• Musk Ox
• Humming Bird
• Blue Morpho Butterfly
• Boa Constrictor
• Red-Eyed Tree Frog
• Leaf Cutter Ant
• African Buffalo
• Leopard Tortoise
• Desert Tortoise
• Fennec Fox
• Gila Monster
• Kangaroo Rat
• Long Nosed Bat
• Prairie Dog
• Rattle Snake
• Clown Fish
• Great White Shark
• Hermit Crab
• Humpback Whale
• King Crab
• Puffer Fish
• Sea Turtle
Flip Book Research Reports
Flipbook Report for each habitat, plus a generic version for any animal
• Life Cycle
• Interesting Facts
Animal Diagram Worksheets
• Blank diagram worksheet for each animal
• Students label special features of each animal
• Labeled with features of the Arctic, Rainforest, African Savanna, Desert, and Ocean Habitats
• In color and black/white
Report Writing Paper
• 4 different options for students to write a written report, for each habitat plus a generic version for any animal
Bonus Sticky Note Research Notes Activity
an interactive way for students to take and organize notes while they research using sticky notes and a graphic organizer
• Student Instructions
• 2 different versions of interactive graphic organizer
• For both levels of flip books for each animal
• For animal diagram worksheets
**********Save money and check out some of my other bundles!**********
• New products in my store are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted! Follow me by clicking HERE so you don't miss any new products or sales.
• Did you know with each purchase you make, you can earn points towards free products on TPT? For each product you provide feedback for, you earn 1 TPT credit for each dollar it was worth. After you make a purchase, hover over "My TPT" and click "My Purchases". Click "Provide Feedback" by the green little thumb. After you provide feedback, you can check your TPT Credit Balance by hovering over "My TPT" and clicking "TPT Credit Balance". Such an awesome way to save some money! Happy shopping!