Engage your students with these colorful Google Slides as they have fun learning about animals! This Google Classroom resource contains a complete Animal Research Report perfect for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Printable version included!
Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ Animal Research report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. Students will do all of their research via the Internet and print media (this is not included in this product). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
We have also included a printable version of this product!
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following animal report elements/questions:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name.
2. What is your animal and why did you choose it?
3. Describe your animals color, size, appearance.
4. Scientists group animals together using a classification system. Describe this system and why it is useful. Also give the scientific classifications for your animal.
5. Where does your animal live in the world? In what country or region is this animal found?
6. Describe your animal’s habitat? Include reasons why this is the habitat your animal lives in.
7. Describe what effect humans have on this animal. Is this an endangered species? What can humans do to make sure this animal species survives?
8. What are the special characteristics that help your animal live where it does? What are its unique adaptations?
9. Life Cycle: What are the stages of its life cycle? Describe the stages of its life. Also there is a graphic organizer that goes with this question.
10. Eating Habits: What does it eat? How does it eat? When does it eat?
11. What are your animal’s predators and its prey?
12. How does the animal protect itself?
13. Communication- How does the animal communicate with other animals and with people?
14. Relatives- What other animals are closely related to this animal.
15. Interesting and Unusual Facts: What facts did you find interesting or unusual? What was something new that you did not already know about your animal?
16. Would your animal make a good pet? Why or why not?
17. Conclusion: Write a summary describing your animal. Use some of the information from the questions you have already answered.
18. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
19. A page to write bullet point notes to answer questions.
20. Ideas on how to research your report.
21. Resource pages and Bibliography Template.
22. Student Checklist for editing and revising.
23. Rubric for Performance Task Assessment
24. Blank Rubric for Performance Task Assessment (Use your own point value!)
25. Teacher Notes
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
This product was created by The Teacher Team and have not been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Google.