Also included in
- MIDDLE SCHOOL COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY COURSE - GOOGLE DRIVE BASEDHow to access the shared Google Folder:Download the BONUS FILE on this bundle. Click the link on page 1 to request access. Email me your username and purchase date to verify your purchase (or your order id#). I will then grant immediate ac$175.00$231.50Save $56.50
This is an excellent project for online distance learning, 1:1 schools, or a computer lab. All included files are in a Google Drive folder that will automatically copy to your Google Drive.
Animal Research Project - The COMMON CORE & ISTE STANDARDS that are addressed in this lesson are included in the download.
With the permission of ISTE, I have listed standards that I believe to correlate with the lesson. However, ISTE does not endorse the use of the word "alignment" in regards to my implementation of their standards. ISTE reserves language such as "alignment" for those who have earned an ISTE Seal of Alignment. The full description of ISTE Standards can be found at: iste.org/standards
Learning to Research Online and Building on Prior Knowledge of Flyer Design
Please see the preview for a better understanding of this project!
- the student instructional task sheet for the online research
- 16 student example flyers
- detailed rubric for the flyer
- grading conversion scale for the rubric
- evaluating internet sources checklist
- optional International Baccalaureate Design Cycle Assessment (Criteria A - D)
The main emphasis of this project is:
1 - conducting credible and relevant online research
2 - understanding the elements of graphic design
Instructions to Students:
1. You will choose any REAL animal to research
2. Find credible sources! You may use your own choice of websites, or use the ones I have provided below.
3. You should note which website(s) you used and reference those website(s) on your animal research report.
4. Create a Flyer in Google Slides OR in Google Drawings.
Students will create the flyer in Slides, and then download as a .jpg (picture file), and then insert this file into this Google Doc (Students can see an example on the last page)