Animal Research Project | Google Slides Informative Writing Prompt with Videos
Also included in
- Engage students in digital writing with these fun weekly Google Slides writing projects. Students will practice common core writing with engaging prompts including narrative, informative, opinion and how to pieces throughout the year. ALL teaching videos are already included.. simply assign and go!Price $120.00Original Price $152.00Save $32.00
Are you looking for a refreshing animal research project that students can complete independently on Google Slides? Students will write a report on animals and their habitats by taking notes on informative writing graphic organizers and templates. Videos will guide them step-by-step through their research.
This project is excellent for independent writing centers, digital learning, one-to-one classrooms, computer labs, homeschool teachers, substitute teachers, long-term subs, hybrid teaching, guest teachers, student teachers and the average busy teacher!
What is a digital writing project? Students will practice basic skills on Google Slides while working on this presentation. ALL TEACHING VIDEOS are included, or can be replaced with videos that you make. Simply assign, and students will be ready to go.
- Monday: Introduction and Prewrite - Students will learn how to research facts and add bullet points to their graphic organizer
- Tuesday: Draft - Students will write a hook topic sentence, 2 fact sentences and details to support their facts [Week One Goal: students will focus on adding definitions to their writing]
- Wednesday: Draft - Students will finish their last 2 reasons, 2 details and add a closing sentence
- Thursday: Revise/Edit - Students are walked through using a basic revising and editing checklist
- Friday: Students are taught to add photos and to use a rubric to check their work before turning it in [Week Two and Three Goals: students will practice adding text features such as captions, headings, maps and diagrams into their slides]
What you get with the download:
A PDF linking to:
- 3 Teaching Slides
- Student Publishing Template
- Teacher Example
This was designed for second graders, but can easily be adapted to be implemented in first and third grade classrooms.
All video links are also included, for troubleshooting purposes for districts that have permissions settings.
These lessons build on each other, so videos might go through previously covered topics rather quickly. If you would like the comprehensive resource, upgrade to the bundle.
A FREE subscription to Epic Books will help students with research, but is not required to complete this project. Any nonfiction tools that students have available to gather information will work.
Students having the Chrome Extension Web Paint will help with one part of this assignment, but it is not necessary.
Check out A YEAR OF DIGITAL WRITING LESSONS [a growing bundle]:
- Stellar Student Informative Writing
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing
- Stuffie Adventures Narrative Writing
- Rocking Road Trip Narrative Writing
- Flat Teacher Bitmoji Project Narrative Writing
- The Best Season Opinion Writing
- Cat vs. Dog Opinion Writing
- The BEST Candy Opinion Writing
- My Spooky Story Narrative Writing
- Pumpkins Informative Writing
- Bats Informative Writing
- My Family's Thanksgiving Personal Informative Writing
- How to Catch a Turkey Informative/How To Writing
- Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative Writing
- Bonus: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Informative Writing Project
- Letter To Santa Opinion Writing
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing
- How to Catch an Elf Informative/How To Writing
- Love Monster Informative Writing
- The Sweetest Person Opinion Writing
- The Best Part of Me Opinion Writing
- Book Review Opinion Writing
- Animal Research Project (3 weeks of Informative Writing)
- Magazine Writing Project (4 week cumulative project - opinion, narrative, informative, how to, letter writing and more)
May (Released April 16)
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Insect Report Informative Writing
- A Buggy Life Narrative Writing
Looking for other digital resources?
Please open the preview file to see exactly what is included and ask all questions before purchasing.
Don't forget to follow me on TpT to get first access to my resources, which are always 20% off for the first 24 hours.
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.