Let this step-by-step resource help your student write nonfiction animal research reports during Writing Workshop. Simple graphic organizers, activities, and tip sheets help your writers focus their thoughts and understand the various pieces that are essential in a nonfiction piece. Many, many option available to differentiate the booklet that students will use to write their report.
Be sure to look at the detail previews above to see everything that’s included with this set.
- Four week unit outline
- Tips on how to gather enough materials for your class and how to stay organized
- Book basket label in 2 sizes (5x4 and 4x3)
- Step-by-Step chart on how to write an Animal Research Report(color & blackline versions)
- Writing process chart
- Strategies and materials for assigning animals to students
- Fiction vs. Nonfiction Venn Diagram (2 versions)
- K-W-L (2 versions)
- Animal Research Notes (4 pages)
- Venn Diagram to compare and contrast animals (2 versions)
- Paragraph Graphic Organizers (4 versions)
- Transition words chart (color and blackline versions)
- Lists of adjectives to help students
- Text Feature Check Off page
- Definition posters 8 ½ x 11 (research, adjectives, closing sentence, topic sentence, research report, table of contents, glossary, index, captions, headings, illustrations, diagrams, labels, & keywords)
- Revising Questions - 2 levels
- Editing Checklist - 2 levels
- Scoring Rubric
- 119 pages of writing template pages to make writing booklets for their reports & 1 page of Teacher Tips on how to make and use the booklets.
You might also be interested in these:
REALISTIC FICTION WRITING UNIT
WRITING WORKSHOP TEMPLATE PAGES
POSITIVE BEHAVIOR BOOKMARK REWARDS
TWO STEP WORD PROBLEMS
SUPERHERO TWO STEP WORD PROBLEM TASK CARDS
Be sure to click on the green star at the top of the page and be the first to know when new products are released, sales are taking places, and more FREEBIES are available!
Don't forget to leave feedback! You’ll get TpT credits!
© 2017 Love Believe Teach with Jo-Ellen Foody. All Rights Reserved.