Need to assign your students an animal research report project? These print and digital (google slides) animal research report templates will scaffold the research writing process.
This pack features both U.S. Spellings and British English in Flipbook Templates, Rubrics, Checklists, and Vocabulary Flashcards included.
Scaffold the writing of an Informational Report on an animal of choice or one from 10 animal groups with this bundled pack both in print and digital format (google slides). Students will research and collate information in the included flip book-style research templates. The visuals lend meaning to acquisition of key content knowledge. This resource can also be used in an interactive notebook.
1. PRINT VERSION: ANIMAL REPORT FLIPBOOK TEMPLATES
- Cover (text editable) Flipbook templates x 12 in blackline and color
- EDITABLE Flipbook templates (2-7) in blackline and color
- Self-editing checklist
- Peer-editing checklist
- Teacher Marking Rubric x 3 formats
- Writing sheets x 4 styles
- 12 Vocabulary Word Cards and 12 Definition Cards
- Word search Printable
1. COVER (text editable): 12 cover options featuring animals from 10 animal groups and two (girl and boy) generic cover options. Students can pick the cover depending on what animal group or animal is under study. One blank cover is included so students can illustrate.
- The following animal groups are featured: Arthropods, Birds, Fish, Insects, Invertebrates, Mammals, Mollusks, Nocturnal Animals, Oviparous Animals, Vertebrates
- (2 – 7): The seven editable sections of the flipbook below are EDITABLE. Simply, type inside text to edit content and save as a PDF file.
2. ANIMAL: weight, length, family, and group of animal. Students may also write a brief description.
3. HABITAT: location in the world. A world map is included to mark the location.
4. DIET: food the animal eats to survive. There is place for illustration.
5. LIFE CYCLE: the breeding seasons and habits.
6. BEHAVIOR/BEHAVIOUR: the physical and behavioral/behavioural adaptations that enable the animal to survive in its environment.
7. INTERESTING FACTS: any other amazing facts about the animal that would sum up the Informational Report.
You can choose either of the three options.
- Print out the templates in blackline. Cut on the horizontal line and assemble from smallest template to largest template. Have students color in cover page. Staple at top tab for flipbook or glue descending order in notebook.
- Print out the templates on cardstock (different colors). Cut each template on the horizontal line and assemble. Attach at top.
- Print out the color templates and assemble.
Have students refer to books, websites, and videos to record information on the specific animal under study
►► Suggested use:
Have students collect information in their flipbook on the specific animal under study. This could also serve as their draft where they could use the self-editing and peer-editing checklists to edit. Finally have students publish on given writing sheets or type out content from draft observing corrections. The sections pertaining to habitat, diet, life-cycle, and behavior can make-up the Body of the Report and 1-2 interesting facts to conclude the Informational Report.
Students will document information in fun flipbook-style templates (color and blackline) in google slides ( a free app in the google drive suite). Students have the option to digitally submit the completed flipbook report for feedback and grading. Student checklists and marking rubrics included.
- 12 black and white and color cover templates in google slides – students choose any one depending upon the animal under study
- 6 black and white and color templates scaffolding research and titled: Animal, Habitat, Diet, Life Cycle, Behaviour/Behavior and Interesting Facts
- Student self-editing checklist in google slides
- Peer-editing checklist in google slides
- Teacher Marking Rubric (3 options) in google slides with digital markers and stickers.
Read some impressive reviews by buyers on this resource:
This is a very engaging, scaffolded animal report I've ever seen. I love the editable templates, and the options that come with this package.
I used this product to build paragraph summaries. Students are going to use this product to create a 5 paragraph essay on an Idaho animal of their choice. They had a great time filling out the flipbook and learned a lot about their animal.
Perfect for what we needed to do research for our writing portfolio. Being editable...the icing on the cake! Thank you!!
I used this to help the students gather their notes and ideas and prepare for their report. I was amazing how it helped them keep their learning organized. thanks!
I love you I can edit these to what I need! We're using them in Writer's Workshop!
I am using the Animal Report Flipbook with my 4th grade English Language Learners. They are LOVING it! Can't wait for parents to see their finished products at our Open House Night!
⭐ Please contact me with any queries regarding this resource.