Also included in
- Engage your students with these 5 digital activities for Spring! Send students on a digital Easter Egg Hunt, have them stand up for an Earth Day cause, host a poetry celebration during April, design and print Mother's Day cards, and give them a completely editable animal report template to research$16.00$25.00Save $9.00
- Get $125 worth of FREE products with this entire year bundle! 40+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 3rd grade students. Back to school activities, digital agenda slides, parent teacher conference slides, holidays around the world, graphic organizers, multiplication mystery p$127.00$253.00Save $126.00
- Get $145 worth of free products with our entire year bundle! 50+ activities and resources in Google Slides to use with your 2nd grade students. Back to School activities, agenda slides, vocabulary digital notebook, biography report templates, parent teacher conference slides, graphic organizers, cou$145.00$287.50Save $142.50
Choose from 25 digitally designed templates in Google Slides for your animal research project. Create the exact animal report presentation you want for your students with these EDITABLE slides. Students will use the slides to share all about an animal they researched while working with all sorts of text features (headings, table of contents, photos, captions, fun facts, bold words, glossary, and more).
- Open the Google Slides presentation and decide which slides you want your students to complete for their animal writing project. (Or, give them the freedom to choose.) Simply delete the rest.
- There are multiple versions of the same slide (noted below) such as Habitats and Babies, so you can decide if you want your students (or specific students) to create a list or type in paragraph form.
- You can change any of the headings to match your preference (ex. Change Babies to Life Cycle)
- You can type in any special writing lingo you use or directions that you want your students to remember (ex. what they should include in their introduction) in the given text boxes.
- When you love it, send the presentation to your students to complete through Google Classroom or send them the Google Slides link.
- What do you want to know?
- Websites to get you started (Edit this list for your students)
- Notes about _____ (Blank slides for students to take notes on their research)
- Table of Contents
- Babies (2 versions)
- Appearance (2 versions)
- Diagram of a ________
- Habitat (2 versions)
- Where do _____ live?
- Did you know? (Fun facts)
- Human Impact
- Videos + Websites
- Sources I Used
- About the Author
- Create your own slide
- Creating a clickable Table of Contents and Glossary
- Inserting videos of the animal they researched
- Inserting links to websites to share about the animal they researched
- Digitally sharing and commenting on classmates' animal presentations (instructions included)
- Easily printing a hard copy
Yes! I created this activity so you have maximum freedom to customize the slides exactly how you want them.
- All of the text is 100% editable. Just click and type!
- The formatting is 100% editable (Except for 3 slides due to image copyright)
- You can easily change the headings on the slides. If you'd rather it say Life Cycle than Babies, click and change it!
- Students can easily change the size and orientation of the image boxes depending on the images they find.
- You can delete or duplicate any slide in the presentation.
- I purposely did not lock down the elements on the slides so students have the freedom to make the presentation their own.
It's great for students and teachers who are just starting to use Google Slides and also those already Google Slides savvy. Share this activity through Google Classroom or simply share the link.
Student directions are listed next to the slides to help students:
- Insert and Crop photos
- Insert Links and Videos
- Create a clickable Table of Contents and Glossary
- Add and delete rows in a table
*NOTE: When you purchase this product, the license can be used for one classroom, not an entire grade level or school. Please purchase multiple licenses if it will be used by more than one teacher. Thank you.
- Kathryn Averkamp - email@example.com
- Google Certified Educator
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology
- Taught each grade K-4 over the past 11 years
- Awarded Teacher of the Year for the 2019-2020 school year
- Click here to get notified when we add new digital resources.
♥ Don't forget you can earn TpT credits by leaving a review after you purchase products.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐More Google Activities ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Beginning of the Year
All Year Resources
Learn Google Classroom for Teachers
• Subtraction with Regrouping Word Problems Review (Topic 6 Envision)
• Google Slides Sharing Projects (Timelines, Family Traditions, Community Workers Current Events)