This partner research presentation uses Google Classroom as a platform for research, presentation, and collaboration. Students will enjoy this simple step-by-step guide to researching a topic and creating a presentation. Using the handouts and the instructional Powerpoint presentation, you can support students as they face the sometimes daunting challenges of research. All lessons are common-core aligned. Students will learn to:
• Create a Google doc and Google slides presentation in Google Classroom.
• Pick and narrow a topic
• Search for and evaluate sources.
• Take notes on slides without plagiarizing.
• Distinguish between notecards and slides.
• Write a strong thesis statement and topic sentences to maintain a controlling focus.
• Construct a conclusion that shows the ability to synthesize rather than just summarize the information presented.
• Document sources: parenthetical citations and works cited page.
If you like this product, you may be interested in Twelve Easy Steps for the Middle School Student which provides detailed instruction and support for a research paper on three possible topics for differentiation: genetic disorders, infectious disease, and endangered animals.