Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
2.61 MB | 3 printable pages, 14 different e-book pages
This set of materials includes two activities for teaching students the sounds associated with 12 farm animals.
The materials include a printable self-checking interactive activity and a coordinating no-print self-checking interactive activity for use on iPad, laptop or PC.
The printable self-checking activity includes:
• cover for book
• 3 self-checking interactive book pages
• animal pictures for interactive activity
To assemble and use the printable book
• Cut apart the book pages to form four pages.
• Place Velcro dots, or other adhesive of your choice, to cover
the circles inside the squares on the book pages.
• Assemble the book by connecting the pages with a snap ring
in the top left corner.
• Cut out each square card containing an animal image. Place a
Velcro dot or adhesive of your choice in the center of the back
side of each square animal card.
• Store the animal cards on the coordinating book pages.
1. Have students match the animal pictures to the images on the
“a ____ says” pages
2. Before presenting the book to the students, place the animal
images on the correct pages.
Present a page in the book and read aloud the “What says
____?” question. The students should touch/show the animal
that coordinates with the question. Students may lift/remove
the animal picture to check to see if they answered correctly.
3. Present only the animal picture cards and have students
name the animals.
4. Present the animal picture cards and have student tell what
each animal says.
To use the no print self-checking interactive activity, save to iBooks on your iPad or open the file on your PC or laptop.
Instructions for navigating the document:
• Each page has a single question, i.e., “What says squeak?”
and 12 possible answers.
• Students should click/tap the image of the animal they believe
to be the correct answer.
• If the answer is correct, the student will be taken to a reward
• From the reward page the student can click/tap ‘Go Ahead’ to
move to the next page.
• If the answer is incorrect, the student will be taken to a
message page directing them to try again.
• From the try again page the student can click/tap ‘Try Again’ to
return to the “Find the….” page.