Also included in
- This resource is for Animal and Plant Adaptations for Middle School Science. This resource can be used for Distance Learning and Online Instruction and includes both printable version and google slides and fillable worksheets in a google folder. This resource includes informational text passages and$17.92$22.40Save $4.48
- This middle school science bundle covers all the standards in the LS1 strand Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes. Students will love these engaging units and you will save 20% by purchasing them here together.The units include lesson plans, slide shows, response pages, reading passages,$42.36$52.95Save $10.59
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 7th grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 7th grade. Students will love these engaging activities for Utah SEEd 7th Grade. You will love saving time by having someone creating resources w$117.24$146.55Save $29.31
This resource is for Animal and Plant Adaptations for Middle School Science. Students will learn that animals have characteristic behaviors and specialized plant structures that help them reproduce and live. Students will learn about animal and plant adaptations, behavioral and structural adaptations and how these affect the probability of successful reproduction. This resource is a printable unit with reading passages and interactive notebook flaps. This resource is huge and includes lots of pages and activities!
This resource includes:
- seven pages of informational text passages
- two slide shows
- strategic note-taking guide
- Flower dissecting lab
- response pages
- a True-False assessment
- answer keys
NGSS MS-LS1-4. Use argument based on empirical evidence and scientific reasoning to support an explanation for how characteristic animal behaviors and specialized plant structures affect the probability of successful reproduction of animals and plants respectively. [Clarification Statement: Examples of behaviors that affect the probability of animal reproduction could include nest building to protect young from cold, herding of animals to protect young from predators, and vocalization of animals and colorful plumage to attract mates for breeding. Examples of animal behaviors that affect the probability of plant reproduction could include transferring pollen or seeds and creating conditions for seed germination and growth. Examples of plant structures could include bright flowers attracting butterflies that transfer pollen, flower nectar and odors that attract insects that transfer pollen, and hard shells on nuts that squirrels bury.] MS-LS1-5. Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence
Utah SEEd Standard 7.4.2 Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about specific animal and plant adaptations and that affect the probability of successful reproduction. Examples of adaptations could include nest building to protect young from the cold, herding of animals to protect young from predators, vocalization of animals and colorful plumage to attract mates for breeding, bright flowers attracting butterflies that transfer pollen, flower nectar and odors that attract insects that transfer pollen, or hard shells on nuts that squirrels bury. (LS1.B))
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Save 20% by purchasing the entire bundle Molecules to Organisms.
This is a printable unit. If you are looking for a digital (Google) resource on the same topic please see Plant and Animal Adaptations Online Unit
Please see some of my other resources for NGSS and Utah SEEd
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org