In this lesson pack there are 48 animal cards and 2 handouts.
• Print, cut and laminate the animals cards to use in the classification task.
• Divide your students into medium size groups. I suggest groups of 4 or 6. Alternatively, you may do this as a pair activity but you will need to print several sets of the animals cards. Give each group at least about 16 cards for them to have a variety of animals.
• Allow your students to figure out different ways of classifying their cards.
• Discuss the questions and ways we can group animals based on features. Use this discussion to introduce your students to how animals are officially categorized.
• Using the factsheet, your students will reclassify the animals cards and fill in the table on the worksheet.