Learn about pet care responsibilities and the language used to talk about it in this 30 slide interactive resource. Learners follow the vet asking questions and giving advice to learn about pet care. At the same time, the resource builds vocabulary for asking and answering questions about pet care and the quizzes highlight the use of modal verbs. There are five activities.
1. Modal verbs reading and quiz (may, can, need, have to)
2. Vet care questions after reading a short text and then followed by vet advice
3. Modal verb (should)
4. Problem-solving activity based on two scenarios
5. Review activity
The quizzes have a mix of
• Multiple choice questions
• Fill-in-the-blank activities
It also includes an interactive glossary page and summary of modal verbs.
ABOUT THE QUIZ
This quiz was created using Adobe Captivate. There are three file choices: as an .htm file, an Adobe Acrobat Document or as a Shockwave File Object. I recommend using the .htm file. It can be viewed in Google Chrome, IE or Firefox. If you use the other files then you need the latest and up to date Adobe Acrobat Reader and Flash Player to view the interactive quiz. If you choose the latter files then it is possible to view it with a swiff player. General features of the quiz are:
• Choices are automatically marked
• Overall results are displayed at the end
• Responses can be reviewed at the end.
• 1 point allocated for each correct answer
• 80% or more of total points is a total pass
• answers reviewed at end.
The quiz can be displayed for a whole class activity or it could be uploaded online for individual student use. It is also possible to print the text and questions.
Animals Vocabulary Interactive Resource 1
Caring for animals Interactive Resource 2
Visit my blog englishinsider
Animals (caring for pets) Interactive Resource 3
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License