Here's some fun practice for your emerging readers!
Ok, to explain the 40 pages of this pack:
There are 5 sets of File Folder Games, each with 12 animal pictures. The animal picture groups are leveled as follows:
Level 1: CVC and easy words
Level 2: short vowels and easily reasoned with first 3 letters
Level 3: CVe words, long A and long E, plus elephant and hedgehog
Level 4: ou/ow words, oo words, plus octopus, swordfish, and rhino
Level 5: words with R-controlled vowels
To use these activities, choose from the 3 sets of cards that accompany each set.
Cards included are:
1. one-word animal names
2. sentences such as "I see the cat" or "Where is the dog?" which utilize the following sight-words: a, an, can, do, find, had, has, have, here, I, is, like, see, she, the, there, they, this, want, we, where, you *
3. a blank set for you to customize if desired
* I wanted to include a way to strengthen sight word / Dolch word recognition in addition to the main task of these activities, which is using phonics knowledge to sound out or reason out the animal words. I think that a combination of sight word work and phonics work is the ideal way to achieve literacy.
P.S. Please visit my store for additional HELP FOR STRUGGLING READERS
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star below "Made by Jen Strange" at the top right of the page:
click it to become a follower.
- You will then receive customized email updates about this store, as well as follower messages (with exclusive freebies!)