This activity can be used to target expressive and receptive language by asking and answering “which”, “what”, “where” questions.
Each animal comes with four pictures related to their habitat and food habits.
All animals must get food to survive. Animals get food from the environment in which they live.
· Different animals have different eating habits.
· Some animals eat only plant materials. They are called herbivores.
· Some animals eat only animal materials. They are called carnivores.
· Some animals eat both plant and animal material. They are called omnivores.
Recommended Materials for Assembly:
1) Lamination paper
2) Sticky back Velcro
3) Metal ring fastener
This activity can be used in multiple ways (i.e categorizing, vocabulary etc...), so pick the one that best suits you (or come up with your own).
· Ask students to name the animals.
· Make a list of these animals on board. Conduct a questioning answering session.