- Animas in Winter – Here’s a great way get two creative and interactive ways to teach about animals in winter – at a great price! My “Animals in Winter ~ a BUNDLE of fun!” contain both my photo cards packet and my interactive folder activities – for a reduced price. Take a look at the preview to s$8.50$5.44Save $3.06
Animals in Winter – Looking for something realistic to use in your nonfiction unit? The 10 full color photo information cards in this unit can be printed, laminated and cut apart to be used in many ways. They can be hung around the room for a fun “Read the Room” activity (with corresponding questions cards nearby). They also can be placed in a center for small group work. In addition, the cards can be projected on a screen to be used whole class. (I included full page versions for this purpose.) The accompanying printables and review activities work with the information on the cards.
- Four Square Thinking Sheet: to set a purpose for reading and to gather background information
- 10 full color photo cards with information about what each animal does in the winter (1 set of cards is half page and 1 set is full page)
- 10 Question Cards, one for each of the informational pages
- Winter Animals 5 W’s: recording sheet for answers to the questions
- Ask Me a Question: students read each informational page and write their own question that can be answered from the text
- Animal Tracks: board game for 2-4 players to review information on the cards
- “Find Someone Who . . “: whole class game to review what animals do in winter
- Who’s Who in the Winter?: recording sheet to list the names of animals that survive winter each of the 3 different ways
- Winter Animal WOW’s!: follow-up sheet for students to record what they have learned
- Animals in Winter: writing sheet
Be sure to take a look at the preview to get a better idea of exactly what is included.
Looking to add more animals in winter resources to your unit?
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories