Adapted informational text and language activities for students with language disorders, that is specifically differentiated for them. This is a therapist-created book about African animals, to meet the requirement for more expository/nonfiction texts for students with special needs. Different levels of picture assisted text, vocabulary cards and interactive activities for describing and defining.
1. book about 9 different African animals (22pg.) with picture- supported text
2. 30 picture vocabulary cards including photographs and picture communication symbols
3. BINGO cards with the vocabulary pictures
4. printable activities identifying animal traits and word definitions (6pg.)
5. 30 words and their definitions to be used by the page or to be cut up for matching,
6. 32-location picture-based communication board
7. phonological awareness activities - 1pg. ea. for rhyming, initial sounds, and syllable counting using the vocabulary words
8. describing activity page and pictures needed to respond
- My students loved the pictures and the content. They had not had the opportunity before to actively learn about some of the animals. The visuals helped everyone engage.
- This informational text was excellent!! We need more like this. Students really enjoyed it.