In this project, students will animate a story. This story could be anything. It could be an original creative piece they've written. It could be a story you're reading in class. It could even be a movie or moment in history that connects with their interests or topics/themes you're currently learning.
Students will get to experience the connections between technology and writing, as they dive into computer programming and animation of their stories.
Specific skills students will develop are:
- Defining plot and characters
- Writing conversation between characters
- Project planning and time management
- Drawing/sketching of characters (they can alternatively select from images found online)
- Uploading images and music
- Using loops to repeat action
- Taking in user input to control characters on the screen
- Tracking information in variables of various types
- Presenting their work to others and receiving feedback
- Giving constructive feedback to others
Once students have completed this project, they can share it online in the Scratch studios as well as in a class or school showcase so that others can enjoy their creation.
If you have any questions on how to implement this project with your students, please message me here or on Twitter (@MikalaStreeter).