Hello from My Coastal Classroom! :)
This is a short comprehension, extended response quiz about the original book Annie by Thomas Meehan. It was the basis for the first movie in 1982. It would be a great accompaniment to the newer movie as well.
Ideal story for:
* Comparing and contrasting (books vs. movies)
*Right vs. wrong
The 5 questions are as follows:
1. What was your favorite scene of the book? Explain your thinking.
2. Annie kept a positive attitude and kept saying that “the sun will come out tomorrow”. Do you believe that this encouraging look at life is what added to her happiness in the end? Explain your thinking.
3. Explain what happened to Annie’s real parents.
4. Miss Hannigan, Rooster, Lily, the teachers at the school, and other children would often treat the orphans poorly. If you were there in the story at these times, what would you say to these people about how they should treat others?
5. Annie, Sandy, Miss. Farrell, and Daddy Warbucks seem to be very happy together at the end of the book. In your opinion, besides the great wealth, what else will contribute to their happiness?
Thanks for looking!