This product is a book study for Cynthia Rylant's book by the same name. It is appropriate for late first grade and all of second. The activities will work well in a guided reading group or as an independent book study.
More specifically, I've included:
* an 8.5 x 11 author anchor chart
* a "Who Said It" activity for your small groups
(Kids will display the character that speaks the given words.)
* an anticipation guide
* 6 discussion questions
* Yes/No Pocket Chart sort (Did the events happen in the story or not?)
* ABC Order to the first letter (Cut/Paste Activity) The completed activity will form a picture of Annie's face, provided the words are alphabetized correctly.
* Literacy Center - 12 fill in the blank
* All elements to create a Character Analysis Anchor Chart for Grandmother - Laminate it to use it over and over again!
* All elements to create a Procedural Writing Anchor Chart for your whole group lesson and a recording sheet for independent practice
* Pajama Craft (2 different sizes)
Your kids will adore this story!
36 pages - 8 (title, credits, instructions) = 28