Also included in
- Annotating Text, Annotating Fiction, Annotating Poetry: Now you can annotate nonfiction, fiction, and poetry with this money-saving bundle!Annotating and close reading are an integral part of the common core curriculum. This teaching bundle includes everything you need to teach your middle and high$14.00$17.25Save $3.25
- A Secondary ELA Curriculum Bundle that offers both traditional print and Google digital resources for middle school ELA and high school English!Engage your students digitally with this traditional print and Google-based secondary English language arts curriculum bundle. This secondary English resour$349.99$636.83Save $286.84
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$239.99$422.63Save $182.64
Annotating fiction and close reading are an integral part of the common core curriculum. This teaching resource includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to properly annotate fiction.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 21 slide PowerPoint presentation
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints walk students step-by-step through the annotating process. It also includes guided practice with an in-class annotation activity.
The supplementary material includes:
- A student annotation guide reference sheet (color and B&W)
- Student reference bookmarks (color and B&W)
- A full-text annotation exercise (Aesop's fable - The Lion and the Mouse)
- A second and more challenging annotation exercise (The first few paragraphs of "The Gift of the Magi")
- A key for the annotation exercises
- Student note pages
*****This lesson is included in two bundles*****
Other resources that might interest you: