Annotating Poetry: A lesson on how to read and annotate poems
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and securedPrice $239.99Original Price $405.92Save $165.93
- Annotating Text, Annotating Fiction, Annotating Poetry: Now you can annotate nonfiction, fiction, and poetry with this money-saving bundle!Annotating and close reading are an integral part of the common core curriculum. This teaching bundle includes everything you need to teach your middle and highPrice $15.25Original Price $17.25Save $2.00
- Make poetry fun! Engage your students with a fun and hands-on poetry unit with this bundled resource of my favorite poetry lessons. This bundle includes:2 editable PowerPoint presentationsPoetry organizers and assignmentsVocabularyPoetry Mini Flip BookRECENTLY ADDED: Poetry Analysis Task CardsPrice $24.00Original Price $33.98Save $9.98
- If you are looking for resources for an entire year of middle school ELA or high school English, this secondary ELA curriculum is for you! This English Curriculum includes both traditional print and editable digital files to help you plan your best year yet!This ELA curriculum is ideal for grades 7-Price $349.99Original Price $567.70Save $217.71
Poetry: Teach your students how to annotate poetry! This Annotating Poetry lesson includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to annotate poetry.
There are two different files in the zipped download:
- An editable, animated 34 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoint walks students step-by-step through the annotation process. It also includes a guided practice of William Wordsworth's poem, "I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud."
The supplementary material includes:
- A student annotation guide reference sheet (color and B&W)
- Student reference bookmarks (color and B&W)
- A full-text annotation exercise (I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud)
- A suggested key for the annotation exercise
- Student note pages
This activity is also available as a digital Google resource!
SMARTePlans Annotating Poetry Activity
***This lesson is included in a BUNDLE***
Looking for digital, interactive Google resources?
SMARTePlans - Digital Resources for Google and More
Looking for resources for the ENTIRE year?
Secondary English Curriculum: Common Core - Grades 7-10
Ultimate Writing Bundle for Secondary English
Ultimate Parts of Speech Bundle
Close Reading Teaching Resources
Helpful Tools and Resources for Secondary English Teachers:
100 Question Editable English Pre-Test/Final Exam with Study Guide
Peer Editing Made Easy (Common Core - ESL - Grades 7-12)
Common Core Writing Rubrics Bundle (Grades 7-12)
Connect with me!
The Daring English Teacher Facebook
The Daring English Teacher Twitter
The Daring English Teacher Pinterest