Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.71 MB | 23 slides, 9 pages
Annotating text and close reading are an integral part of the common core curriculum. This resource includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to properly annotate informational text.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 23 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints walk students step-by-step through the annotating process. It also includes a guided practice of President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and corresponding key.
The supplementary material includes:
- A student annotation guide reference sheet (color and B&W)
- Student reference bookmarks (color and B&W)
- A full-text annotation exercise (The Gettysburg Address)
- A key for the annotation exercise
- Student note pages
This resource was updated on June 16, 2015. If you've purchased this lesson before, please download it again to receive the update!