***Annotating Text-Teach, Model, Apply***
*Teaching students to close read is one of the major components of the Common Core, and teaching students to do it correctly, is at times, a challenge.
*In this bundle, I tried to simplify the annotation process with clear-cut directions, modeling, and application for the students. The students will learn how to use common symbols to annotate. In addition, there are slides for teaching students how to "chunk" information.
Included in this bundle are the following:
1. Introduction into Annotating: I included my introduction ditto that explains what annotating is and the symbols that are used to annotate.
2. 11-Slide PowerPoint Presentation-This PowerPoint presentation goes side-by-side with the Note Taking Sheet, as well as line by line animation in annotating a piece of text (ditto of text is included).
3. "Courage to Go to School" Scholastic Article-Teacher Model
4. "Killer Fries" Scholastic Article-Application for students
5. Teaching students to "Chunk" Information
• Annotating/Annotations-Reference Sheet, Bookmark for ANY PIECE of LITERATURE!
*I hope this bundle helps you teach annotation, as it has helped my students in the past, and I still use it each year!
Become a Follower for the Latest Products & Freebies
⭐ Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store, and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
⭐ make copies for your own classes only.
⭐ place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
⭐ AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
⭐ make copies for other teachers or their classes.
⭐ distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
⭐ post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional licenses on the resource purchase page.
✯Did you know you receive credits for leaving feedback on items you purchase on Teachers Pay Teachers?✯
That’s right! Leave feedback on this product, and you will receive credits for your next purchase. I would greatly appreciate it if you contact me first if you have an issue with the product before leaving feedback. I will be more than happy to accommodate you! Just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.