***Annotating Text-Teach, Model, Apply***
*Teaching students to close read is one of the major components of the Common Core, and teaching students to do it correctly, is at times, a challenge.
*In this bundle, I tried to simplify the annotation process with clear-cut directions, modeling, and application for the students. The students will learn how to use common symbols to annotate. In addition, there are slides for teaching students how to "chunk" information.
Included in this bundle are the following:
1. Introduction into Annotating: I included my introduction ditto that explains what annotating is and the symbols that are used to annotate.
2. 11-Slide PowerPoint Presentation-This PowerPoint presentation goes side-by-side with the Note Taking Sheet, as well as line by line animation in annotating a piece of text (ditto of text is included).
3. "Courage to Go to School" Scholastic Article-Teacher Model
4. "Killer Fries" Scholastic Article-Application for students
5. Teaching students to "Chunk" Information
*I hope this bundle helps you teach annotation, as it has helped my students in the past, and I still use it each year!