- Annotating Text, Annotating Fiction, Annotating Poetry: Now you can annotate nonfiction, fiction, and poetry with this money-saving bundle!Annotating and close reading are an integral part of the common core curriculum. This teaching bundle includes everything you need to teach your middle and high$17.25$14.00Save $3.25
- This writing unit includes 14 of my best writing resources including research paper writing, argument writing, narrative writing, informative writing, and more! This is perfect for the secondary ELA classroom. This writing mega bundle contains all of the writing resources, teaching materials, assign$82.73$69.99Save $12.74
- Argument Writing Unit: This unit is common core aligned and includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students about argumentative writing including persuasive strategies, ethos, pathos, and logos, and more.This unit focuses on building better arguments and stronger writers b$29.24$22.99Save $6.25
- This secondary English curriculum includes enough materials for an entire year’s worth of high school and middle school English instruction. This includes resources for reading, writing, grammar, vocabulary, and more!**These resources are sold as PowerPoint presentations for instruction and secured$344.88$225.99Save $118.89
- Product Description
Teaching students how to annotate text is an integral part of the common core curriculum. This text annotation resource includes everything you need to teach your middle and high school students how to properly annotate informational text.
There are two different files in the zipped download.
- An editable, 23 slide PowerPoint
- A PDF document with supplementary materials.
The PowerPoints walk students step-by-step through the annotating process. It also includes a guided practice of President Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and a corresponding key.
The supplementary material includes:
- A student annotation guide reference sheet (color and B&W)
- Student reference bookmarks (color and B&W)
- A full-text annotation exercise (The Gettysburg Address)
- A key for the annotation exercise
- Student note pages
This resource was updated on June 16, 2015. If you've purchased this lesson before, please download it again to receive the update!
*****This lesson is included in FOUR different bundles*****
Other informational text lessons that might interest you:
Keywords: CCSS, common core, informational texts, informational text, information text lesson, annotating, annotation, active reading, active reading strategies