Get your students thinking deeper about pathos, ethos, and logos, as well as other rhetorical devices, through this bundle that will walk your students through close reading a variety of contemporary, high-interest speeches.
- Persuasive Technique PowerPoint: This PowerPoint provides an overview of rhetorical devices to prepare students to evaluate pieces of persuasion in action. Includes an engaging video clip to spark discussion and fresh visuals.
- Rhetorical Analysis SOAPSTone Graphic Organizers and Individual Copies of Speeches with Annotation Guides: These can be given to students after going over rhetorical devices as either classwork, homework, or sub. plans. A clear rubric is attached so that students understand how they will be graded and what effective annotations look like. The speeches in this bundle include:
- "The Danger of a Single Story" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- "Stanford Commencement Speech" by Steve Jobs
- "2018 Golden Globe Speech" by Oprah Winfrey