** THIS RESOURCE IS PART OF THE 2ND GRADE HOUGHTON MIFFLIN READING SERIES - THEME 4: AMAZING ANIMALS.***
Trying to figure out how to aligned your old Houghton Mifflin curriculum to the Common Core Standards? Then this is resource is PERFECT for YOU!
I created this resource out of my own need to fulfill the Common Core Standards. This unit is PACKED with many fun activities, graphic organizers, games, Daily Literacy activities, and blackline masters. Every worksheet has the Common Core standard listed in the top right hand corner.
One of my favorite things about this resource is the common core assessment of the skills taught within that story. It has open ended comprehension questions with the last question always connecting text to self, text to world, or text to text.
This resource includes:
- Focus wall Labels
- Vocabulary Word and Picture Cards
- Story High Frequency Word (HFW) Cards
- Spelling List CCSS RS 2.3
- Read Aloud Comprehension Skill Graphic Organizer
- Story Comprehension Skill Graphic Organizer
- Word Search CCSS RS2.3
- Vocabulary Review CCSS L2.4
- Draw and Write CCSS RI2.4
- Vocabulary Match Up Game CCSS RI2.4
- Unscramble the Ramble CCSS L2.4
- Skip and Scan CCSS RL2.5 (Differentiated)
- Phonics Skills Graphic Organizer CCSS RF2.3
- Grammar and Word Skills (see each story for details)
- Making Connections: Connecting Text to Text(T-T),
Text to World(T-W), and Text to Self(T-S) CCSS RI2.3
- Vocabulary ABC CCSS L2.4
- Scramble, Sequence, and Summarize CCSS SL2.6, L2.1,
RL2.5, RL2.7 (Differentiated)
- Writing Activity CCSS W2.8
- Somebody, Wanted, But, So Summary CCSS RL2.5
- Common Core Aligned Skills and Comprehension
Assessment with Text Dependent Questions
-Adding s, es, ies Activity CCSS L2.1
-Describing our Character: Text Dependent Words CCSS RL2.3, 2.6
- Asking Questions CCSS RI 2.1
-Text Organization: Topic, Main Idea, Supporting Details Organizer and Activity CCSS L2.2
- Who Owns It? Possessive Nouns CCSS L2.2
- I and Me…Which One Can It Be? CCSS L2.1
- Make An Ant Flipbook
**Please download the preview for full page samples
I hope that this resource will make your school year so much easier the way it has for my colleagues and me.
** This resource is in no way affiliated or endorsed by The Daily 5 and/or the 2 Sisters. Activities in this unit are suggested activities that can be used as part of The Daily 5 program. Purchasing The Daily 5 book is suggested.
Other stories in this theme
The Great Ball Game
Officer Buckle and Gloria
This resources is part of my Houghton Mifflin Theme 4: Amazing Animals unit. Purchase the whole theme for a discounted price.
Theme 4: Amazing Animals
***WANT TO SAVE EVEN MORE MONEY???***
Buy the HM BUNDLE
for the WHOLE YEAR
and SAVE $14!!
2nd Grade HM BUNDLE for the YEAR