This differentiated activities package covers the time period between the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.
Very clear answer key included!
There are five main activities:
Activity One: The Consolidation of the Republic
- This is a graphic organizer to go along with the lecture. This lecture gives an overview of the events during the inter-war period. PPT Lecture, "The Consolidation of the Republic," included!
Activity Two: Westward Expansion
- Students access a free animated map online that shows changes to the borders of the nation and record these changes on a map.
Activity Three: Artwork Analysis
- Students analyze a piece of artwork that connects with the concept of Manifest Destiny.
Activity 4: Expansion and the Natives
- Students view two map animations from the website: the-map-as-history.com (subscription required). This is an excellent website.
Activity 5: The Development of the Political Parties
- Students use the graphic organizer to follow along with the lecture on the development of political parties. PPT lecture, "The Development of Political Parties in America (1783 - 1849)" included!
Also included is an online simulation about the life of a slave. Students find this very engaging.
In addition, a SMB review file is included!
Consider buying the whole bundle!
Antebellum Period Bundle