Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
6.81 MB | n/a pages
Introducing the Author:
Included is a presentation that introduces Ayn Rand, the author of Anthem. This is a great way to introduce the novel while helping students gain deeper insight about the author and her motives behind the novel.
Included in the presentation:
- biographical information
- a list of her novels and screenplays
- brief descriptions on philosophies such as: collectivism, altruism, egoism, individualism
- a description of her philosophy objectivism
- a link to part 1 of her interview with Mike Wallace, of CBS, in 1959
- a discussion question relating to her interview
Discussion Board Quick Writes:
Included are 10 discussion boards that promote critical thinking. All of the discussion boards include a quote from Ayn Rand and a discussion question(s) that correlates to specific chapters in her book, Anthem. Each question promotes critical thinking, encourages the reader to make self to text connections, and encourages analysis of society and the world today.
- 10 Ayn Rand quotes paired to each chapter(s)
- 10 + critical thinking questions relating to the quotes
- powerpoint version
- pdf version