Book Bits are one of those research-based, tried and true anticipatory activities to introduce students to a text.
Anthem by Ayn Rand can be a difficult read right from the beginning, so this activity give students an opportunity to think about the text before just jumping right in.
Why it's great:
- movement in the classroom
- student interaction
- student collaboration
- inference and prediction practice
- supporting predictions with text evidence
What's included in this resource:
- 30 quotes from the novel (if you have more than 30 students, it's not a problem to repeat some of the quotations!)
- one-page prediction and evidence tracker