Anthem Unit and Teacher Guide includes lessons on the nature of society, dystopia, theme, historical context, symbol, internal conflict, allusion (source materials), word choice, and more. Students apply critical thinking skills and reach their own conclusions on Rand's controversial themes.
Two file formats (PDF and MS Word) are included for your convenience.
Anthem Unit and Teacher Guide contents:
- Pre-reading lessons/activities
- Reading quizzes (three readings)
- Common Core lessons (several for each reading) with graphic organizers
- Key excerpts with analysis for reference
- Dozens of culminating tasks and extension tasks (projects, prompts, performances, presentations, etc.) with complete assignment pages
- Final exam question banks
- Comprehension questions (36) (answer key included)
- Language Arts standards questions (42) (answer key included)
- Short Response (20)
- Extended Response (19)
- Anthem Reading Quizzes
- Anthem Assignments and Assessments (includes Anthem Exam Banks)
- Anthem Exam Banks
TeachNovels units emphasize practicality and flexibility. My lessons minimize time spent on preparation and evaluation. They enable you to concentrate on delivering engaging instruction rather than making copies and grading piles of student work. I also strive to include a large variety of lessons, assignments, and assessments so that you can select what works for you.