one-page anticipation guide features five statements laid out in an easy-to read and attractive handout with instructions for student use. Teachers should give students a few minutes to silently answer these questions before using them to lead a class discussion.
The anticipation guide activity is a great way to introduce themes
and essential questions
related to a text while engaging students in active debate. It hits those speaking and listening standards and gives kids a stake in the outcome of the story.
A quality anticipation guide doesn't ask students to qualify statements up front or answer in degrees and shades of grey. Instead students must pick true or false
and may introduce nuance to the debate during discussion.
This activity can last anywhere from 30-60 minutes depending on participation and how the instructor limits time for each question.
• Ancient Greek Theater Notes Presentations & Quiz
• Ancient Greek Theater Timeline Interactive Notebook Pages
• Antigone Anticipation Guide
• Antigone Show Shirt
• Classical Theater History Bundle (Greek and Roman Theater)
• Comparing Ancient Theater Handout
• Drama Teacher Starter Bundle