When children are allowed to "play games" and work on a particular concept at the same time...learning can be so much more fun! What a wonderful way to practice antonyms!
This kit includes:
* antonym card game
* cut and paste antonym picture match
* 5 different cut and paste antonym word match
When preparing the card game, I use card stock when printing...then laminate, and cut out the cards. I have found that card stock makes the cards more durable. The cards are stored in a Ziploc bag and labeled. (last a LONG time)
* game involves 2 players
* mix up group of cards
* place cards face down
* first player turns 2 cards over (keeping them in the same spot)
* if the cards match...the player gets to keep the set of cards
* if the cards do not match...they need to be turned back over
* player 2 then gets to turn over two cards
The object of the game is to get the most card matches...matching the correct antonyms. Once all the cards are picked up and matched...the player with the most matches is the winner!!!!
tags: antonyms, card games, language, word work, antonym games, antonym card games, reader's workshop, language workshop