PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a resource of worksheets and activities for students to practice synonyms and antonyms. This resource can be used in small groups, whole class, independent work, or assessments.
Antonym and Synonym Mini-Book
1x – Antonym and Synonym Mini-Book cover – color/bw for coloring option
1x – Antonym Mini-Book cover – bw for coloring option
Synonym Mini-Book cover – bw for coloring option
10x (2 per page) – Antonym Mini-Book pages, find antonym match, cut and paste on mini-book page and color
10x (2 per page) – Synonym Mini-Book pages, find synonym match, cut and paste on mini-book page and color
2x – Match Antonym – cut and paste, pictures included
2x – Match Antonym – cut and paste words to match pictures
2x – Match Antonym – cut and paste, words only
2x – Read Antonym sentences – match underlined antonym
1x – Find and color antonyms
1x – Draw line to match antonyms
1x – Write antonym sentences using word pair prompts
2x – Match Synonym – cut and paste, pictures included
2x – Match Synonym – cut and paste words to match pictures
2x –Match Synonym – cut and paste, words only
2x – Read Synonym sentences – match underlined synonym
1x – Find and color synonyms
1x – Draw line to match synonyms
1x – Write synonym sentences using word pair prompts
Antonyms and Synonyms Worksheets
2x – Sort Antonyms and Synonyms word pairs, cut and paste
1x – Find and write the antonym and synonym according to word prompt
1x – Draw two antonyms and draw two synonyms
1x – Draw antonyms and synonyms according to word pair prompts
7x – Color antonyms and synonyms according to color prompts
Picture Flash Cards
1x – Flash Card Place Cards – Antonym and Synonym
44x (2 per page) – Antonym Flash Cards – bw and color
44x (2 page) – Synonym Flash Cards – bw and color
1x – Flash card recording sheets for antonyms
1x – Flash card recording sheets including sentences for antonyms
1x – Flash card recording sheets for synonyms
1x – Flash card recording sheets including sentences for synonyms
Antonym and Synonym Flash Card Games
1. Go Fish! Students can play the popular card game while matching antonyms and synonyms. Students can record their matching pairs on their recording sheets when game is completed.
2.Bean Bag Toss: Lay out flashcards face down un the floor. Student will toss the bean bag and identify the flashcard it lands on. Student will then call out and/or record the matching antonym or synonym.
3. Concentration Match-Match: Take the antonym or synonym flash cards. Take the pairs and separate them on the floor, face down. Students take turns in turning over 2 cards. If the student finds an antonym or synonym match, the student keeps the cards and continues the game. If the student does not match the next pair, the cards are turned over and it is the turn of the next student. At the end of the game, students can document their pairs on their recording sheets. [Students may also match antonyms and synonyms as independent work.]
4. Charades: One student comes to the front of the class and picks an antonym or synonym pair. The student acts out the antonym or synonym pair. Other students guess the pair. First person to guess is next to go in front of the class. Optional: Student acts out one part of the pair and the rest of the students call out the correct antonym or synonym to match the pair.
5. Flashcard Fun: The teacher holds up an antonym or synonym flashcard. Students will raise their hand and say the matching antonym or synonym.
6. Fast Flashcards: The teacher stands at front of the class with the antonym and/or synonym flashcards. Students form two teams and stand in a line. Two students go first and face away from the teacher. Teacher says, “Ready, set, go. What is the antonym or synonym match?” Students quickly turn around and the first student to call out the correct answer wins a point for their team.
7. Recognition Game: Have all the students stand at one end of the room and the teacher in the middle. Hold up one antonym or synonym flashcard and students come forward and whisper the matching pair. If correct, the student can go over to the other side of the room.