Pre Reading: Make sure students understand auction vocabulary like “bidding” and “going once”
Purpose: A fun way to practice listening and making grammatical judgments
Description: This activity may take students 20 minutes.
Materials needed: This auction sheet
1) The teacher hands out a auction list with a list of correct and incorrect uses of verbs
2) The students can evaluate the sentences and choose which ones they would like to bid on
3) Then the sentences are auctioned off by the teacher
4) The students can bid on sentences using the tokens
5) The objective is to collect the most candy.
6) Each sentence is worth a certain amount of tokens. The students will not know how much is a sentence is worth until after it has been auctioned and sold.
Each student is given 36 tokens in the beginning.