Writing is an important skill to practice daily. This resource makes it easy with 35 print and go writing worksheets that are perfect for beginning writers. Themes are year-round so you can use them any time during the year. These are perfect writing prompts for kindergarten.
This resource includes:
- 35 pages with a sentence starter (great for beginning writers)
- 35 of the pages without a sentence starter (great for independent writers)
- An optional front cover
- A blank writing page for students who want to write more
- A clickable table of contents
Each page includes:
- Large writing lines specifically for young beginning writers
- An area for students to illustrate their writing
- A themed word bank with illustrations.
- A writing convention checklist
The writing conventions checklists reminds students to:
- Use a capital letter
- Put spaces between their words
- Stretch out the words to spell them
- Use punctuation
- Draw a picture
An optional front cover is included if you'd like to turn the pages into a writing notebook or journal.
A blank page with lines is included for students who would like to write more.
There are 2 differentiated versions included. One version includes the story starters listed below with related pictures and vocabulary words. The other version includes only the pictures and vocabulary words only.
Sentence Starters: Students use the word bank to complete the sentence on the worksheet. This version is great for small group instruction to provide your writers with support. Use these sentence starter writing prompts for kindergarten or beginning writers.
Word Bank Only: Use this option with your advanced writers. Students use the word bank to help build their own story. This version is easy to print and place into an independent work center or folder. These are a great transition for more independent writers.
Both versions include a writing convention checklist to support students in self-checking their work.
Sentence starters included in this resource:
- If I could have any pet it would be
- My favorite food is
- I am excited for school because
- I like to play with
- My family likes to
- My favorite candy is
- I like to drink
- When I grow up
- I help at home
- I like to bake
- My favorite hobby is
- If I went to outer space
- My favorite fruit is
- When it rains
- My friends and I like to
- My favorite sport is
- When it is sunny
- On the playground I like to
- My favorite vegetable is
- Today I feel
- My favorite season is
- My favorite subject at school is
- My favorite ocean animal is
- At the zoo
- My favorite place is
- At bedtime I
- My pizza has
- For breakfast I like to eat
- If I had a party
- At the bakery
- Outside I see
- Today the weather is
- At the ice cream shop
- If I took a trip I would take a
- If I had a picnic
⭐️ Need MORE writing activities? ⭐️