A fresh approach to learning about the history of Anzac Day.
This layered word book spells the word ANZAC and each page contains questions for students to answer. This makes a great end of inquiry assessment piece.
The contents of the book are directly linked to the Australian Curriculum for History in year three. It is also able to be used in any year level as an historical inquiry project.
- Write what ANZAC stands for.
- Map where Turkey, Egypt and Australia is.
- Identify some facts about the origins on Anzac Day.
- Identify symbols and acts of commemoration.
- Explain what makes Anzac Day significant.
- Complete a timeline
Alternative and optional Pages are included to allow a small level of customisation.
Inquiry questions are presented on note taking sheets for students to investigate using available sources.
Fact sheets are included to help answer the inquiry questions.
Your students will enjoy this creative approach to conducting an historical inquiry and showing what they know about Anzac Day.