A book a week: Anzac Ted by Belinda Landsberry
Activities by Miss Simplicity
Read the book daily and complete an activity a day. You choose from the selection below!
1. Read and Draw – students read key story sentences/phrases and draw showing comprehension.
2. Multiple Choice Comprehension
3. Rhyming Words and Brain Stretches – students colour code story rhyming words then change story words around to make new words.
4. Cloze activity – comprehension
5. Art – students draw or paint an Anzac uniform on Ted.
6. Mapping – students colour the countries that Ted lived/visited as mentioned in the story (Australia, Greece and Africa).
7. Art/HASS – have a class discussion on special toys (those with sentimental value or those that are special to us). Discuss why they are special, how we care for them. Older students can do brainstorms or think-pair-share . Then students paint or draw a toy that is special to them and explain it. Doing a ‘Y chart’ would also work here (looks like, sounds like, feels like).
8. Editing – students identify correctly spelt story words and add full stops and capital to story sentences.
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!
This pack is now part of a discounted 3 pack Anzac bundle - find it here;
⭐ BUNDLE: 3 book activity packs ANZAC TED anzac biscuits MEET THE ANZACS