- 3 of my best selling activity packs bundled to save you $$ Book Packs: Anzac Ted, Anzac Biscuits and Meet the Anzacs These are listed separately in my TPT store - buy them in a bundle and save! Each bundle includes a selection of activities to accompany each book (you will need to source the book).$15.00$12.00Save $3.00
- 19 reading book packs Each pack accompanies the matching book (you will need to source the book yourself). A week of activities is included in each pack. Most packs include a multiple choice, cloze, sequencing, writing, word study and a word sleuth. Suited for around Years 1, 2 and 3 PLEASE NOTE:$100.00$70.00Save $30.00
A book a week: Anzac Ted by Belinda Landsberry
Activities by Miss Simplicity
Read the book daily and complete an activity a day. You choose from the selection below!
1. Read and Draw – students read key story sentences/phrases and draw showing comprehension.
2. Multiple Choice Comprehension
3. Rhyming Words and Brain Stretches – students colour code story rhyming words then change story words around to make new words.
4. Cloze activity – comprehension
5. Art – students draw or paint an Anzac uniform on Ted.
6. Mapping – students colour the countries that Ted lived/visited as mentioned in the story (Australia, Greece and Africa).
7. Art/HASS – have a class discussion on special toys (those with sentimental value or those that are special to us). Discuss why they are special, how we care for them. Older students can do brainstorms or think-pair-share . Then students paint or draw a toy that is special to them and explain it. Doing a ‘Y chart’ would also work here (looks like, sounds like, feels like).
8. Editing – students identify correctly spelt story words and add full stops and capital to story sentences.