This Apollo 11 website offers hours of multimedia exploration about the mission. As kids navigate the site, they learn who, what, where, when, how, and why. It's a great way to celebrate the 50th anniversary of man's first step on the Moon.
- Video footage of Neil Armstrong's first step on the Moon (2:00)
- Photo of Buzz Aldrin walking on the Moon in his spacesuit
- Individual photos of Apollo 11 astronauts
- Links to individual biographies of astronauts
- Signed mission photograph with all three astronauts
- Links to mission overviews of all Apollo missions
- Link to video explaining Apollo 11
- Brief explanation of the difference between lunar seas (maria) and highlands
- Photo of Apollo 11 landing site, the Sea of Tranquility
- Photo of Armstrong and Aldrin flying American flag on the Moon
- Link to gallery of photos taken by Neil Armstrong
- Succinct timeline of Apollo 11 mission
- Link to entire Apollo 11 timeline from NASA
- Link to audio and video footage of minutes leading up to the lunar landing
- Mission diagram
- Link to article about Saturn V rocket
- Diagram of Saturn V rocket
- Diagram of Saturn V stages
- Diagrams of Apollo spacecraft - command & service modules, command module interior, command module control panel, lunar module, lunar module adapter
- Links to interactive diagrams
- One-page explanation of the Cold War
- One page explanation of technological advances in the 1940s and 1950s
- Excerpt from John F. Kennedy's speech announcing plans to go to the Moon
These resources have been curated for student use. All photographs and videos embedded in the site are in the public domain and may be used freely. Additional videos have been saved using Safeshare.tv; therefore, no advertisements appear on the student's screen.
Enjoy this Apollo 11 website!
If you'd like to be notified as I post additional resources, just follow me on TpT.
Educational websites like this make great early finishers activities! Just share the URL. Then voila! No more "I'm done. Now what?" Instead, your early finishers will become immersed in hours of digital exploration and activities.