Also included in
- This is a bundle of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) resources for small group counseling or individual counseling. The components are focused on helping students understand their feelings, manage negative thinking, develop coping skills, take the perspectives of others, and problem solve situatio$40.00$56.00Save $16.00
This lesson contains multiple parts that you can use to help students create genuine apologies by developing the social-emotional skills to do it independently (i.e., without an adult making them). You can easily break these activities into multiple sessions and/or weave them with other activities.
This is also included in the GROWING Helper Squad Bundle for incredible savings. Meet Fantastic Fix-It's other friends on The Helper Squad!
Students will learn to:
- recognize when a situation requires an apology.
- differentiate between fake and real apologies.
- look at a situation to see what went wrong.
- write a complete apology that addresses what happened.
- Lesson Plan: Building an Apology
- Saying Sorry Anchor Chart
- Fantastic Fix-It Poster in Color and Black & White
- When to Sorry Situation Cards (12 Cards as well as 12 Blank cards for personalization)
- Fake and Real Apology Sort
- Apology Prep Work Sheet
- Build an Apology Organizer
- How to Apologize Anchor Chart
- Exit Tickets
- Book List
- Certificate of Completion
- Reward Charts
Who Should Buy This?
This resource is ideal for school counselors, school psychologists, or school social workers. It can be used in small group counseling or in individual counseling to target social emotional (SEL) skills that are slower developing. Classroom teachers, special education teachers, and speech and language pathologists working on social skills in small groups will also find this useful. It can definitely be use by a classroom teacher working with individuals or small groups.
© 2018 Social Emotional Workshop