Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Content Objective: Students will be provided with background knowledge on Apostrophes in English grammar. Students will listen for details and complete the activity.
Language Objective: Students will listen to a TedEd on Apostrophes and complete the cloze-gap activity.
1. Have students discuss how they use apostrophes in their writing (language level dependent, some students may not know how to use apostrophes at all).
2. Have students look at the following hand out and go through the activity with them step-by-step thus eliminating any vocabulary issues.
3. Have students watch the Ted Ed on Apostrophes (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My6oGvkHnfY)
4. Have students complete the clozed-activity either alone or with a partner!
5. If students need to re-watch the video, have them re-watch.
6. Elicit answers from students!