This set of four 60 minute lessons gets pupils to think about interface design as part of a process of building an app.
- It starts off with basic information about interface design and the skills involved.
- It then goes on to ask the pupils to design an app thinking about their audience and how it might solve problems.
- The pupils are asked to design their home screen icon.
- They then think about what the individual screens look like.
- Pupils start to collect images for use in their app learning first about copyright law and how to locate images which are free to use.
- and lastly, the pupils ensure their design is accessible to a wide audience.
- There is a self assessment section at the end of each lesson for pupils to evaluate how they did and think about their next steps.
Pupils would go on from this to start to build an app using software, for example: www.appshed.com