Was appeasement the best policy to deal with fascist aggression?
The following is a 75-90 minute complete lesson on the use of appeasement by the European democracies in the years before World War II. The lesson contains a variety of activities designed to promote critical thinking and class discussion.
Topics covered include:
• The Anschluss – union of Germany and Austria
• The Munich Conference
• Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact
• Invasion of Poland and the start of World War II
• Comparison of World War I and World War II causes
• Do now that appropriately sets up the lesson
• Primary and secondary source readings with scaffolded comprehension and critical thinking questions
• Tweet to Chamberlain activity
• Five political cartoons to analyze
• Causes of World War I and World War II Venn diagram
• Enormous opportunities for class discussion and pair work
• Over 15 questions perfect to increase student engagement!
10 slide PowerPoint included that contains images, maps, cartoons, and additional questions. Detailed lesson plan and answer key also included!
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Please follow me to receive updates for newly uploaded products. I take your feedback seriously so please take a moment to rate this product. Thanks!