This is the PicCollage (a free app) version of the apple craft, for use on an iPad. A printable version is also available under the "Weekly Craft" category! (Updated on 8/31/17 to fix the orientation of the apple seeds.)
I will add a weekly craft as I create them for student groups, at the end of most weeks!
These crafts are geared towards students in the early stages of the Words For Life app, however, they can easily be modified and used as simple language activities for students using other types of AAC, speaking in short sentences to communicate.
To begin, download all files into "My photos" on your iPad, so that they can be easily imported into PicCollage. Then:
- Add the blank outline of the apple to discuss first. What do you do with an apple? What category is it in? What colors can it be? A sample Words For Life page is included.
- Use the color function on PicCollage to color in the apple and comment on the color
- In a new collage, add the picture of a sliced apple with numbered seeds
- Next, add the individual pictures of seeds and match the numbers, one at a time.
- Don't forget to practice commenting and talking about experiences by discussing what you made at the end of the activity!