Need a comprehensive literature-based unit for the picture book by Monica Wellington? Everything you need for a whole day’s worth of activities is included in this A-Book-A-Day Mini Unit from Faithfully Teaching at Home.
Save time by having all of your printables and activities in one place! No more searching all over the internet for activities. You can also use these activities for any apple unit.
These activities are fun, colorful, engaging, and developmentally appropriate!
Designed for use by preschool and kindergarten students in classrooms and homeschools.
- Detailed instructions for implementation
- Additional instructions for homeschoolers
- Includes an activity that focuses on strengthening fine motor skills which is so important in preschool and kindergarten
In every A-Book-A-Day Mini Unit, you will get a variety of activities and worksheets. If you are a homeschooling parent, use the activities made for centers as independent activities or a morning bin activity. Here are the A activities and worksheets that you will receive:
- : - these are cards made especially for the Learning Resources Attribute Apples manipulatives, but I have also included printable apples to use instead, if you don’t have this manipulative. The student will sort apples into colors, sizes, and features onto sorting mat cards.
- : - Two-piece apple puzzles will have the student matching capital and lowercase letters for all 26 letters.
- : - This could be a center or a group science activity. The student will explore the different parts of an apple using his five senses and will record by writing or drawing a picture on a worksheet. One is black-and-white to print, and one is color if you want to make it laminated for your student to use a dry erase marker.
- : - 2 black/white cutting straight lines practice and 2 color tracing straight lines practice (laminate to use with dry erase markers).
- : - A math worksheet where the child will count the apples in each apple basket and draw a line to the matching number.
- :t - A Cut & Glue worksheet where the students will cut the lowercase letters out and glue to the matching capital letters.
- : - A Cut & Glue story sequencing worksheet
- : - Two worksheets with the writing prompt “My favorite way to eat apples is….”. One worksheet has the writing prompt in tracing letters. The other worksheet doesn’t have the tracing letters prompt.
- : - Since Apple Farmer Annie is the perfect book to coordinate with a field trip to an apple orchard, I’ve included a Field Trip Reflection Form where the students can draw or write about their experiences on the field trip!