This is a set of 8 full color math and literacy centers that reinforce basic beginning of the year 1st grade skills.
1. Apple Top-It - card game played like War. Students draw two apples. The player with the greatest number wins both cards.
2. Apple Ordering (1-25) - Students will order each set of colored apples from least to greatest.
3. Appleseed Addition - Students will create an addition problem by adding the appleseeds in each apple.
4. Apple Graphing - Students will sort the apples by color and graph them. Then they will use their graph to answer questions.
5. A is For Apple - Students will fill in the missing letter of the alphabet.
6. Pick a Rhyme - Students will read the words printed on each apple and decide if they rhyme.
7. Pick a Sentence - Students will unscramble the words to create a complete sentence about apples. Then they will write their sentence using correct capitalization and punctuation and draw a picture to illustrate their words.
8. Ripe or Rotten - Students will move around the gameboard and create short a words. They must determine if the words are real (ripe) words or nonsense (rotten) words