An apple themed addition unit that includes a variety of activities.
1) Comparing Apples:
-Use of describing words
-Comparision of size, shape, and color
2) Blank Addition Pages:
- Can be used for students or teachers to create their own addition problems
- Uses math symbols (+, -, =) and words (and, is, equals).
3) Apple Addition Book:
- 10 page book
- Uses a variety of addition problem formats (2+2=__, 3+__=5, __+__=8, etc)
- Includes blank pages for students/teachers to create problems.
4) Apple Number Cards
- Can be used to assess numeral recognition, match numbers to amounts with counters, sequence numbers, create number line, create addition problems, etc
This can be used as a large group, small group, individual, or assessment elementary school, ESL, and special education students. This activity can be completed using tokens/chips, drawing, or on an overhead projector. This is also a great activity to be sent home with students as homework or as a project. These pages could also be laminated to use within a math center or as an individual activity.
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission. Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com