Apple Themed First Grade Common Core Posters for
Language Arts and Math
These posters will serve as an easy, first grade friendly, way to display the common core standards you are working on to administrators, your students and others. I love them because they help keep me focused on what I am teaching!! The colorful and popular Apple style will keep everyone’s attention and help you get to the CORE of what you are trying to teach!!
Included in this packet is a complete set of “I can…” and “We can…” statements for English Language Arts and Math Common Core Standards for first grade. Print, laminate and post which ever set you prefer! They are easy to differentiate between for easy organization. The Language Arts Posters have red apples and the Math Posters have green apples. The “I can…” statements have an owl holding an apple in the corners of the border. The “We can…“ statements have the same borders with a frog holding an apple in the corners of the border. Also included on each poster is the letter/number code assigned to each standard!
The posters are formatted to include a full-page colorful title for each strand. Following each title poster are two posters per full page that contain the “I can…” statements. The entire set is repeated using the “We can…” statements.
The ELA standards/strands set include:
Foundational Skills - 18 posters
Reading Literature – 16 posters
Reading Informational Text – 14 posters
Listening and Speaking – 9 posters
Writing –16 posters
Language - 27 posters
The Math standards/strands set include:
Numbers and Operations in Base Ten - 28 posters
Operations and Algebraic Thinking - 25 posters
Measurement and Data - 17 posters
Geometry - 15 posters
These Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
Thank you so much for taking a peek at my Apple Themed First Grade Common Core Posters for Language Arts and Math Set.
If you follow me, you already know I love to leave you with a joke and a smile.
Top Ten Reasons It Might Be Time to Retire From Teaching…
10. Your rear end doesn’t fit in the primary chairs without spilling over anymore.
9. You are teaching the children of the children you taught when you first started your career.
8. Younger teachers look at you funny when you mention Donny and Marie.
7. Your favorite bra is older than the children you are currently teaching.
6. Parents of the children you taught in the past ask in amazement if you are STILL teaching when they see you at the mall.
5. Instead of jewelry around your neck, you have a pair of glasses on a string, a whistle, and lanyard with your name on it in case you get lost.
4. You have to ask if that’s the bell to go to recess or go to lunch?
3. The font for your newsletter keeps getting bigger and bigger.
2. Your students tell you their grandma is younger than you are.
1. Every time you see a bathroom when you are not at school you go…just because you can!!