This file contains slides for the folk song Apple Tree. This song helps introduce Do.
Hardest Rhythmic Concept: ta, ti-ti
Hardest Melodic Concept: d
Other Melodic Concepts: m sl
I have included a copy of the song in case it is not one from your folk song collection.
This will help you:
- Prepare, present, and practice "do"
- Prepare, present, and practice reading low do on the staff (lines & spaces)
- Prepare, present, and practice using the "do key"
- Practice ta & ti-ti
- Icons for melody with pictures
- Icons for melody with do as ?
- Music Street with d m sl
- Icons for melody with do
- Icons on the staff (once with do on the line and once in the space)
- Standard notation on the staff (once with do on the line and once in the space)
- Introduction to "do key"
- "do key" practice - interactive game - students find do, mi, and so on the staff and click the correct answers to help collect the apples
- Printable student melody chart (showing the music going up and down with solfege)
- Worksheet where students write in the solfege syllables for the song already written out on the staff. (One with do, mi, so on the lines and one with them on the spaces)
- Worksheet where students draw the missing solfege on the staff (one with do on the line and one with do on the space) (Both an easy and hard version included)
- Match Up worksheet where students match the solfege syllables to the solfege written on the staff (one for do on the line and one for do in the space)
- Song Order worksheet where students cut and paste the song in order
Need a sample of what my song files look like? Here is a short freebie that will give you an idea of my work quality.
Other songs to practice do:
Peas Porridge Hot
Buy the bundle for some savings!
Do - Bundle of Songs
Follow me on Facebook for Fan Freebies and Specials
Get more music teaching ideas by reading my blog - Making Music Memories
created by Making Music Memories, Brittany De Laruelle, Brittany Ward