I love having my students explore the seasons by observing changes in apple trees! And the artsy-craftsy possibilities are endless! However, I also want my kiddos to utilize their growing writing skills. So I ended up creating this nifty Seasons of an Apple Tree Flip Book and Craftivity! For a better look, just click on PREVIEW!
In this set, you'll find two differentiated pre-writing pages to help your students brainstorm and write their first drafts. Students will be illustrating a simple picture for each season and writing about the changes that occur. The Flip Books are super easy to assemble --- simply copy the pages together, cut down the center using a paper cutter (making 2 individual books), staple a couple of times at the top and let your students cut each page on the dotted line.
Students will also be identifying their favorite season and creating a fun apple tree to match. Allowing them to choose their favorite and to create just the ONE tree, makes the whole crafting process so much easier. We also end up with a beautiful array of apple trees in our hallway display! All templates and directions are included!
Necessary materials include...
- Blue, green and brown construction paper
- White paint for snow
- Pink tissue paper for blossoms (or pink paint)
- Red buttons for apples (or red paint, apple stickers, red poof balls)
- Glitter (optional)
These finished projects will be assembled on a 9x12 piece of construction paper to make a Festive and ADORABLE hallway bulletin board display!
For more Apple Season fun, click here...
Apple Measuring --- How Many Apples Tall Are You???
Apples Up On Top --- Apple Counting, Number Recognition and Math Centers
September Pocket Charts --- Four Math and Literacy Pocket Charts for September
Don't Miss Out on TPT Credits:
• Go over to your My Purchases page (you may need to log-in). Beside each purchase you'll see a flashing "Provide Feedback" button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. TPT will give you feedback credits which you can use towards future purchases --- woo hoo! Plus, I value your feedback greatly and I love hearing from my followers. It makes my day!
Be the first to know about my new freebies, products and discounts:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo. Clicking it makes you a follower! You will then receive emails telling you about new products, freebies, discounts and updates!
Keywords: apple life cycle, apple tree seasons, apple craftivity, apple writing