PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Your students will have a bushel of fun learning about apples with this thematic unit! Daily detailed lesson plans include literature suggestions, activities, art, literacy, science, math, music and games. There are also links to YouTube videos that fit in perfectly as well.
Click on the PREVIEW to read each lesson plan, see the Week-at-a-Glance planning sheet, as well as examples of printables and art projects.
Teacher Features You'll Love:
• Detailed daily lesson plans
• Week-at-a-Glance planning sheet
• Key concepts and objectives
• Literature Suggestions
• Activities and Printables
• Links to YouTube Videos & QR Codes
• Answer Keys
What Does the Unit Cover?
Day One: Investigating Apples
• Know, wonder, learn graphic organizer
• Apple investigation sheet
• Parts of an apple song
• Label parts of an apple craft or worksheet
Day Two: Apple Life Cycle
Day Three: How We Eat Apples
• “How Do You Like Them Apples?” class survey and graphing activity
• Do You Like Apples? writing prompt
• “How to Make an Apple Pie” writing activity and booklet <---This is a FREEBIE in my store!
Day Four: Johnny Appleseed
• Johnny Appleseed true/false cut and paste
• “Johnny Appleseed and Me” Venn Diagram
• Johnny Appleseed writing prompt
Day Five: Apple Fun
• All About Apples: Apple Can, Have, Are sheet
• Ten on Top math game
• Up on Top emergent reader
• Apple handprint math craft
• Apple bell necklace craft
• A is for Apple
• A Sweet Treat (ways to eat apples)
• Parts of an Apple
• Apple Picking Time (apple words)
• Johnny Appleseed
• 16 Word Wall cards
• Read and Draw: Apple Words
• Apple Picking Day (read, cut, paste to fill in the blank)
• Apple Picking Adventure writing prompt
• My Favorite Apple Treat writing prompt
• Amazing Apples (apple adjectives writing activity)
• If I Can Read Pot... (-ot family words)
• Read and Draw CVC words with short a sound
• Long and Short A sort with writing extension
• A is for Apple coloring sheet (words with beginning /a/ sound)
• Middle Short A coloring sheet (words with medial short /a/ sound)
• Spin Around Sounds (apple words with beginning sounds /a/, /b/, /l/, /p/, /t/, /w/)
• Roll, Read, Write Apple Words
• Apple Word Work (make new words using the letters in the word “harvest”)
• ABC Order
• Color by Number Word (words one through five)
• Roll an Apple Harvest (roll and add to find how many)
• Apple Picking Time (2 options: time to the hour and time to the half hour)
• Apple Graph
• How Tall? Measuring with non-standard units
• Ordering Apples (ordering numbers 0-20 least to greatest)
• Apples, Apples, 123 (3 options: counting on numbers to 10, 20, and 100)
• Apple Picking (addition of numbers to 10)
• Apple Addition (2 options: numbers to 10 and 20)
• Apple Subtraction (2 options: numbers to 10 and 20)
• Ten on Top (sums that make 10)
• Number Bond Baskets (number bonds to 100)
• What Comes Next? (2 options: AB and ABC patterns)
The Apple Life Cycle Craft may be purchased separately in my store. If you purchase the unit, you DO NOT need to purchase the life cycle craft separately.
*This product was updated 8/7/18. Please redownload the file from your "My Purchases" page to receive all the new updates!*
Find more complete UNITS with detailed lesson plans HERE.
Questions? Feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thanks so much for stopping by!